Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Patience


Being in a place where things are done completely different from what you are accustomed, can be very challenging at times. Patience is key. Understanding that time is not viewed the same everywhere you go and that organization might not mean the same here(Dubai) as it does in the States, is very important. I have also learned to look at the situation from a cultural perspective and not take anything personal. Every time I spend time abroad or when I am in an unfamiliar place, my whole being decomposes. I try to put myself together piece by piece while adjusting myself to the environment around me and without losing myself.

2 comments:

  1. Menina,
    It might be a day, a week, a month or more that goes by that we dont talk. But everytime i hear from you, you make me proud!I miss you immensily and we need to catch up very soon! your blog looks wonderful jus like you and im sure you are like a sponge in dubai, absorbing as much as you can. Can not wait to hear bout your adventure. Have the time of you life.
    Te amo.
    beijos<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and I miss you. I can see in your photos an expression of gratitude to God and nature. I hope your experience in Dubai enriquesca your spiritual life and help you to love people as they are.
    Aunt,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete